Insurance benefits District of Columbia residents and businesses in many ways. Here are a few...
- Provide security to businesses and residents as a result of losses due to damage to property, injury, or illness.
- Provide financial security to the dependents of the deceased following the death of an individual.
- Provide businesses with funds to continue to operate following unexpected losses or interruptions in business operations.
- Provide workers with funds to pay for injuries and expenses arising due to disability or injury that may occur on the job.
- Pay millions of dollars in premium taxes that are used by the DC government to pay for important public health and welfare functions.
- Employ hundreds of DC residents in insurance companies and as agents and brokers; and tens of thousands nationally.
- Contribute substantively to charitable and community support initiatives thoughout the District of Columbia.